Reanimated:
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reanimated: » Games » Project Angel » Issues » Trials of a New Life

Trials of a New Life

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 41 of 41]

1001 Re: Trials of a New Life on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:17 pm

"And are you still going to make sure I don;t cause trouble?" asked Sally, grinning after the kiss.

"Mwommy cwased twouble? Mwommy was bwad?" asked Hettie, sounding shocked and a little upset at the idea.

1002 Re: Trials of a New Life on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 7:05 am

Jenny grinned cheeky. "Always."

Jenny looked at Hettie a little bit confused. "Mommy wasn't bad. She may had the wrong friends and a mind that never stopped."

'You have a son with Amanda. ' It didn't take long to write and send this text to Mark. Jenny knew this meant trouble and she shouldn't do it, it wasn't her secret to tell but in her head that was the only way or she would be hiding from Mark forever.

"I hate witches! Spewing their bodily fluids everywhere. It is insane! No, downright unsanitary!"
My super cool characters:
View user profile

1003 Re: Trials of a New Life on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 8:16 pm

Sally was about to reply before Hettie interrupted, causing he to slump a little.

"Wwy wewe Mwommy's fwiends wwong?" the little girl asked. "Cwouwdn' Mwommy teww?"

Before Sally could respond, the whole garage seemed to shake from a loud, shocked 'WHAT?!' echoing through it.

1004 Re: Trials of a New Life on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 8:53 pm

"Hettie I gonna give you a very important piece of advice now. Never ever tell me a secret. I am... I can't keep them and when I try I feel like I gonna explode. And Mommy... thought that's all the friends she could have? But now she has us. I wish we had an invible cloak or something to sneak out of the house." Jenny felt guilty for telling her Dad about Oliver but a part of her justified it; Amanda had years to tell Mark and she never did, what would really change because Amanda found out her daughter wasn't dead? Jenny got up and went to her Dad.

"She was supposed to tell you. I told her she needs to tell you before I get home. You weren't supposed to find out this way. I... I just think you had the right to know. Apparently he is in a boarding school. His name is Oliver." Jenny said carefully, despite having heard that her father always have loved her so much she still worried that having a son would change that; despite thinking Mark should know she was still scared to lose her Dad.

"I hate witches! Spewing their bodily fluids everywhere. It is insane! No, downright unsanitary!"
View user profile

1005 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:02 am

"Swo if I hwave a swecwet I shwouwd teww Mwommy an' nwot ywou Mwama?" Hettie asked. She looked to Sally. "You'we gwot bwettah fwiends now?" Sally hesitated, not sure what to say as Jenny left to see her Dad.

Mark was slumped in a chair in the kitchen, in slight shock. "You... really need to learn how to break things to people," he said slowly, then pulled Jenny into a tight hug. "But... no wonder you couldn't keep this to yourself."

1006 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:38 pm

"How the heck am I supposed to keep this from you? Amanda should have told you. A long time ago." Jenny was glad Mark didn't feel like replacing her with the new son. "I think he is normal."
Jenny said it purposely like this to see if Mark preferred a son without powers.

View user profile

1007 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 7:35 pm

"I know, it's not fair asking you to keep something like that quiet," said Mark, smiling and giving Jenny's head a pat like she was a little girl. "Normal, powered, or covered in purple spots, what difference should that make," he added with a shrug.

1008 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 7:51 pm

Jenny giggled. "I think purple spots would be an interesting look. I guess you want to meet him? Apparently he reminds Amanda too much of you and that's why he is at a boarding school. AM I a bad person because I like that Oliver has no powers? I like that I do have powers. It make me feel special." Jenny smiled insecure. "He obviously thinks I am dead the poor boy will have a shock finding out I am not. He is nearly the same age I was when I died..."

View user profile

1009 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 9:43 pm

Mark looked hard at Jenny for a few moments, then hugged her tightly again. "Of course you;re not a bad person. It's no wonder you feel so mixed up about this. I think anyone would. But you're staying strong Jenny."

1010 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 10:19 pm

"I just don't like sharing. I guess somehow deep down I am a spoilt only child." Jenny kissed Mark on the cheek. "So you gonna call Amanda? Meet your son?"

View user profile

1011 Re: Trials of a New Life on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 7:42 pm

"It's going to be hard to adjust for you, I know," said Mark. "But I'm sure me and you... your family... will help you though it." He looked back to his phone. "I guess.... I'll have to"

1012 Re: Trials of a New Life on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 7:58 pm

Jenny grinned. "Let's face it I don't shout big sister do I. Anyway I let you call Amanda, I promised Hettie to show her the new house and we might stop by the school for gifted children. I think she will be so happy once she goes to school. And you don't need your daughter to eavesdrop on your first conversation with your ex-wife in how many years?"

View user profile

1013 Re: Trials of a New Life on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 8:23 pm

Mark smiled. "You might not shout Big Sister, but in a short time I've seen how much of a caring mother you've become. It... it makes me really proud to see Jenny. So I'm sure you could handle being a big sister as well." He looked gingerly over to where his phone was. "I guess I can;t put it off now. But you should try to get Hettie into a school as soon as possible. That girl... needs stimulation."

1014 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 7:35 pm

Jenny grinned embarassed, kissed Mark on the cheek. "Just don't forget about me." She said sounding nearly like a little girl again.
She went back into her bedroom to get Hettie and Sally. "So girls are you ready to see the new house and your school. Dad is going to call Amanda, not someting I want to be around."

View user profile

1015 Re: Trials of a New Life on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 7:46 pm

"Never," promised Mark, giving a small wave to Jenny as she left.

"Oh ywes ywes ywes ywes ywes ywes!" replied Hettie excitedly, bouncing up and down on the bed.

1016 Re: Trials of a New Life on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm

The school was a large rectagular building. It had loads of windows and large grounds around them. It was a busy place but sort of orderly well in its own way. A woman in her late thirties greeted them at the car park.

"It is wonderful to meet you, I am Mrs Ella the headmistress of The Academy for Gifted Youngsters. It is a pleasure to meet you Hettie." Mrs Ella smiled warmy at Hettie as she offered the little girl her hand before she looked up at Sally and Jenny. "And you must be her mothers. We are honoured to show you around and hope that the academy is the kind of school you were hoping to find for Hettie."

Jenny was a bit awe struck. She wasn't sure it she should be here at all. She was so sure that Hettie will be embarrassed to have her as a mother. What did Jenny know about good schools?

View user profile

1017 Re: Trials of a New Life on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 8:16 pm

"It hardly looks like a school," said Sally as she got out of the car. Nevertheless she visibly tensed as she felt the atmosphere of a school. She put her hands on Hettie's shoulders, holding her tight as if to try and keep her safe, to distracted to notice Jenny's distress.

Hettie on the other hand was grinning from ear to ear, and would have been jumping with excitement if Sally's hands hadn't been on her. She shook Mrs Ella's hand enthusiastically.

"Nwice two mweet ywou! I weawwy wike it hwear awweady!"

1018 Re: Trials of a New Life on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 8:55 pm

Mrs Ella answered Hettie endless questions before another teacher went with Hettie to look at the classes, they would pop in a few different topics while Jenny and Sally could speak to Mrs Ella.

"I am sure you have plenty of questions. May I make an assumption, that Hettie has advanced abilities. Which is very accepted here. Is her father in the picture?" Mrs Ella smiled encourangely at the two girls, they seemed so young and actually rather uncomfortable.

Jenny had barely lsitened to Mrs Ella. "I never finishde school actually I dropped out when I was 13. My spelling isn't great and I am not goof in general with theoretical knowledge. How much do you expect me to help Hettie with her homework? Does it matter that I am... kind of stupid? Sally is the smart one in our relationship. So er maybe I just sit down on that bench over there and let her handle this school stuff."

View user profile

1019 Re: Trials of a New Life on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 9:41 pm

Jenny's sudden outburst managed to break Sally out of her dark memories. She reached over to give her girlfriend's hand a squeeze.

"It's alright Jenny. You might not be booksmart, but you're great in other ways. And there is lots of stuff you can still teach Hettie. Not everything is learned in books." She looked back towards Mrs Ella.

"I'm sorry if we're a bit nervous, neither of us... have fond memories of school. But we want to do the best for Hettie. There's... no father to worry about though."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum