Reanimated:
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reanimated: » Games » Project Angel » Issues » Trials of a New Life

Trials of a New Life

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 2nd March 2019, 21:46

"I know Jenny, I know. But I'm not going to get bored of you! You're the one always making me try out new things... since the moment we met." Sally took Jenny's hand and squeezed it tight. "I don't regret any of them." She shrugged a little when Jenny asked about Skadi. "I don;t think she likes anyone," Sally replied.

"Looks like our ride to warmth is here," she grinned, spotting the car. "Thanks Mouse," she called out, then looked back to Jenny's bike. "Now, how do we get her into the car?"

177Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 2nd March 2019, 22:06

Mouse blushed when Sally thanked, he staggered down to the girls. “I will drive her to the checkpoint and get her transported back to New York and you will take the car of course. It will keep you warm.”

Jenny leaned close to Sally. “I have a few ideas to warm me up now that we got a car.”

“You are in the lead at the moment.” Mouse grinned. “Smart to go over the lake.”

View user profile

178Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 2nd March 2019, 22:36

"Thanks Mouse. Try not to get a single scratch on her," Sally warned. She put an arm around Jenny and helped her up.

"Didn't take you long to have that thought," Sally whispered. "You must be feeling better already!" she teased. She looked back as Mouse called out.

"Then we better get Smokey warmed up fast so we can keep our lead."

179Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 2nd March 2019, 23:00

Jenny grinned. “I always think of that. I see you later Mouse.”

She pulled Sally -as much as she could- up to the car. “Not bad, I wonder where Mouse got the car from.”

She got in the car and turned the heating on full power. “Come on get in the quicker we finish the quicker I can have you on the hood under the stars. Only until it gets too cold though.”

View user profile

180Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 13th March 2019, 20:23

"If you want to do that," teased Sally, "you'll need to drive really fast to get the engine warm enough."

181Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 14th March 2019, 07:53

Jenny's eyes sparkled, she turned the heating up as high as possible and drove. They should have gotten a car to start with and not drive over a frozen lake but then Jenny never took the easy route. For a lot of hours all they did was drive like crazy, quickly stop for food and fuel. It was a bit insane... Detroit... Milwaukee... Chicago... Indianapolis... Cincinnati... Louisville... Nashville, here Jenny decided Sally should wear one of the bracelets Mark had given her for emergencies something she did not tell Sally. "Just in case it will help you."... Charlotte... Columbus and Pittsburg... their little stunt over the lake put them in the lead and so far they were 5 hours ahead of the rest when they just left Pittsburg. One more stop, Philadelphia and they had plenty of time if nothing would happen...

Jenny was getting tired, living of coffee. They were not just speeding they were so fast that the police did not even bother to trying to catch them. When all the sudden they reach a very tight bend... Jenny tried to break? Didn't she? But the car was not slowing down and shot through the barrier down the hill. She wasn't able to help Sally when they fell in the lake but now she could. She reached over and pressed the button for the small protective force field appeared souned Sally as they crashed into the ground rather hard. Jenny got thrown out of the car and to be honest it felt very similar to be hit by a bus, she did that before it turned out great... or not.

View user profile

182Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 26th March 2019, 19:56

'This is getting to be a habit..' flashed through Sally's mind as she tried to brace for the impact, not seeing what Jenny was doing.

As the car hit the ground with a sickening crunch Sally blacked out for a moment. She awoke to find herself somewhat pinned in her seat by the crumpled dashboard. But, oddly, she was unhurt. Glancing over, the seat was empty, and judging by the hole in the windscreen, Jenny hadn't been wearing her seatbelt.

"JENNY!" Sally called out as she struggled to get free.

183Trials of a New Life - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life on 26th March 2019, 21:44

Jenny was lying in the snow and for once she was glad the cold was numbing her pain. “Are you okay Sally?”

Jenny didn’t dare to move, she knew she had several broken bones. There was a fucking bone sticking out her leg. “I am sure there is something wrong in my head, I do this all the time. I don’t understand why I always crash. Hey Sally I never asked but do you mind seeing a bit of blood?”
Jenny was eerily calm. She was in pain but she was in pain all over her body couldn’t send enough signals to her brain. “We got to get another car, we can win this.”

Jenny was stubbornly staring into the sky, not a second looking at herself or she would not be so calm. She was literary sitting in a pool of her own blood. “But I think you got to do a bit of driving, it will be driving crash course.”

She took a slow gurgling breath… pierced lung by broken rib, fun times.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum