Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trials of a New Life - Part 2

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 10th April 2017, 20:16

Calvin

Calvin

"It hardly looks like a school," said Sally as she got out of the car. Nevertheless she visibly tensed as she felt the atmosphere of a school. She put her hands on Hettie's shoulders, holding her tight as if to try and keep her safe, to distracted to notice Jenny's distress.

Hettie on the other hand was grinning from ear to ear, and would have been jumping with excitement if Sally's hands hadn't been on her. She shook Mrs Ella's hand enthusiastically.

"Nwice two mweet ywou! I weawwy wike it hwear awweady!"

http://www.balaldie.com

27Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 11th April 2017, 20:55

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Mrs Ella answered Hettie endless questions before another teacher went with Hettie to look at the classes, they would pop in a few different topics while Jenny and Sally could speak to Mrs Ella.

"I am sure you have plenty of questions. May I make an assumption, that Hettie has advanced abilities. Which is very accepted here. Is her father in the picture?" Mrs Ella smiled encourangely at the two girls, they seemed so young and actually rather uncomfortable.

Jenny had barely lsitened to Mrs Ella. "I never finishde school actually I dropped out when I was 13. My spelling isn't great and I am not goof in general with theoretical knowledge. How much do you expect me to help Hettie with her homework? Does it matter that I am... kind of stupid? Sally is the smart one in our relationship. So er maybe I just sit down on that bench over there and let her handle this school stuff."

28Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 18th June 2017, 21:41

Calvin

Calvin

Jenny's sudden outburst managed to break Sally out of her dark memories. She reached over to give her girlfriend's hand a squeeze.

"It's alright Jenny. You might not be booksmart, but you're great in other ways. And there is lots of stuff you can still teach Hettie. Not everything is learned in books." She looked back towards Mrs Ella.

"I'm sorry if we're a bit nervous, neither of us... have fond memories of school. But we want to do the best for Hettie. There's... no father to worry about though."

29Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 27th August 2017, 21:28

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny nodded still not sure how much help she would be. "I think Hetty will be happy here. She likes learning things."

Jenny smiled at Mrs Ella. "I guess we are not the the type of parents you expect."

Mrs Ella smiled. "All parents are different. I'm sure you do your best. I think Hetty is quite happy so it's suggest to let her stay for a test day and then you can decide what you want to do."

Jenny nodded. She doesn't want to tell Sally but she woodshed her dad would be here she didn't know how to... be... well an adult and Mark could help. "So do you have any questions Sally? I'm all out."

30Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 2nd September 2017, 14:37

Calvin

Calvin

"I.... I don't think we have any other... oh, wait... yes...er... it's a little awkward to ask but... how much is it to send Hettie here?" Although Sally wasn't going to admit it to Mrs Ella, if unlike herself and Jenny , Hettie did enjoy her time at school here, she'd pay any price for her daughter.

"Other than that, well... we can ask them when we come to pick Hettie up, can't we?" she added.

31Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 2nd September 2017, 17:31

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“It is 1% of the family’s income. So in the end the actual amount varies depending on your income. There is quite a bit of paperwork to be filled in, but we do accept Hettie right away. And school  usually ends at 3:30 there are after school clubs she might want to attend, I would say if you leave your phone numbers Hettie can call you later and let you know in time if she wants to go to one of the after school clubs.” Mrs Ella smiled. “And don’t worry if in the end this is not the school for Hettie, as long as she has a good day.”

Jenny looked at Sally. “That sounds reasonable don’t you think?” Just as she finished her phone beeped, a text from Amanda. ‘This is the address of Oliver’s school and his phone number. He knows about you and said he will make his way here himself if he has to, to meet you. He is rather stubborn. I spoke a long time with your father, you do have to practice how to break news to people and how to keep a secret.’ Jenny sighed as she turned around her phone to show Sally the text.

32Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 21st September 2017, 18:48

Calvin

Calvin

"I.... I think it is... we want to do what's right for Hettie," said Sally. "I suppose... a day here would be good for her..." There was still a little nervousness in her voice, and the protective maternal instincts were kicking in.

"OH.... er... Are you read to meet him?" Sally asked.

33Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 22nd September 2017, 07:31

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny wanted to aswer but she couldn't say a single word, even when they sat in the car she just stared at the dashboard lost in her own thoughts.

"Honestly no I don't want to meet him but it is not his fault that Amanda decided to hide him away, I guess I have to meet him or I am the bad daughter I already feel like I am," Jenny whispered hoarsly, "Do you think she called on me so I'd receive the letter to be ordered to the training facility to get rid of me? Maybe she already knew he had no powers and with him she would have her perfect normal family."

She felt drained, nearly like she did when she had to drive through the cold, no actually more she felt like she did when she woke up that very first night in December, alone in a box. "It makes you wonder doesn't it? If all the superheroes and villains from the comin=cs and movies had all those normal people issues next to wanting to protect or devour the earth, we seem to have a lot of them."

34Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 22nd September 2017, 19:17

Calvin

Calvin

"From what I gathered, you['re powers weren't exactly able to be well hidden," said Sally. "So she wouldn't have needed to write a letter. But I don't think she did, I think she did care for you. Besides, how could she know your brother had no powers when he wasn't even born." She tried to keep her voice calm, hoping it would have the same effect on Jenny.

It then broke into a bit of amusement. "You haven't read many comics, have you? These characters always seem to have issues or histories to deal with."

35Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 22nd September 2017, 20:55

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

"I guess my powers were a bit... out of control back then, I mean they still are sometimes nowadays. You should have seen me a year ago when I practiced my flying." Jenny giggled sligtly remembering Dirk and her Dad trying to stop her from burning down the city.

Jenny heard the change in Sally's voice and looked up. "No I haven't read many comics. I had enough hero talks in my past from Dad, well you know kind of they all were like 'Jennifer you can never be a hero because you are a reckless, selfish little girl.'" Jenny tried to immitate Mark's voice, though it had more an angry note to it that it really would have.

"I wonder what he will say when he meets me?" Jenny mumbled and she started the car.

36Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 30th January 2018, 21:39

Calvin

Calvin

"I did...er... I mean..." Sally's voice faltered. She didn't want to sound like she was a stalker... Even if that was the case to a certain extent. Okay, it was to get revenge on Jenny's father, not to watch Jenny, but even still.... and now she thought about it... She had watched Jenny maybe somewhat closely even then...

She shook her head and glanced over, meeting Jenny's gaze with a slight blush. Her smile faltered as Jenny imitated her father.

"Jenny.... You know how I feel about your Dad, and even I know he's not like that." Sally took her girlfriends hand and gave it an encouraging squeeze. "Besides, plenty of so-called 'heroes' are selfish jerks just doing it for fame, and you're not one of them. Even if you do like a bit of attention." She gave Jenny a wink.

Sitting back as Jenny started the car, she glanced over hearing Jenny's mutter. "Maybe ask you where all his missing birthday presents are?" she joked, trying to keep the mood light.

37Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 3rd January 2019, 13:50

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

That finally made Jenny grin. “Well he totally owes me some too. Come on Hettie will be a few hours I will speak to him but I think before I physically speak to I send him an email.”

Suddenly Jenny’s phone rang in her jeans pocket, but not with the usual ring tone. Jenny was very quick in pulling it out and grinned when she saw the display and answered it. “Last time you called me when the sun was up I crashed into a wall and ended up in the hospital.”

Jenny listened for a moment. “As long as I can bring Glitch I am your girl Tej.”

Jenny was quiet for a moment and then flames started dancing in her eyes. “Really? That sounds very intriguing. Send me the co-ordinates. Three days? That… oh you are making it hard to say no. I call you back.”

Jenny turned to Sally with a huge grin on her face and flames in her eyes.

38Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 20:26

Calvin

Calvin

"That's a good idea. You might be able to..." began Sally, stopping as Jenny's phone went off. She went quiet for a while, listening to Jenny's end of the conversation.

A smile started to cross her face as she listened, then turned into a grin when she saw the excitement in her eyes.

"Sounds like we've got another race? When is it?" Glitch asked.

39Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 20:44

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“A race…? Oh yes.” Jenny looked out the window for a moment. She had a hard time controlling her excitement she always wanted to do this.  “For now the brother is not my first priority. We need some money I guess I have to get my emergency founds out, and we need to pack some supplies. So how would you feel leaving Hettie for a couple of days at my dad’s? I never did one of those races, I helped Tej a few times. But those races are legendary. One year the winner made nearly 100K. 3000 miles in 50 hours, the only slight problem usually there are two drivers. How would you feel skipping the car and learning to drive Baby and go on a little road trip? Don’t worry if you don’t wanna drive. Maybe Baby can get an update?”

40Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 21:03

Calvin

Calvin

"That's... a helluva race..." Sally breathed. "That's... 60 miles per hour for over two days straight...." She blinked a few times, trying to take the idea in. "If I get enough sleep beforehand, I might be able to stay up all that time, I mean, Baby doesn't have seat-belts to catch us if we fall...... w-w-wait.... y-you want me to drive her?" Sally was stunned, both from the idea of driving the bike, and that Jenny was offering her a chance to drive her pride and joy.

41Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 21:19

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny grinned and started the car. “Well getting sleep beforehand yeah well that will be a bit difficult. The race starts in eight hours. So we better get going.”

Jenny looked at Sally when she mentioned the seat belts. “Yeah that might be a problem. I still think taking Baby is the best option for us to win. So are you up for it?”

Jenny’s phone just beeps as the coordinates of the route arrived. “Do you wanna have a look Sally?” Jenny took her phone out from her shorts pocket and through it over the Jenny to open the route.

To get a rough idea of the route:

42Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 21:48

Calvin

Calvin

"E-eight hours?" excitement was replaced by worry. "But.... we need to get things sorted with school for Hettie! And see her before we go! And... and..." Sally caught her breath, trying to calm down.

"S-sorry... I got... a little carried away," she gasped as she took the phone out and glanced at it. "I suppose there are check in points in each city?" she asked, trying to focus her mind on the race and not the problems.

43Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 22:00

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“Yeah Hettie’s school, that is a problem. We are nearly back at dad’s are you okay if he has her for the time of the race?” Jenny looked at Sally.

“Yes there are checkpoints but not in every city, we will get a GPS thingy that is programmed to give us the check point when we pass a certain place, that way you can’t cheat. That’s why I need you on my team. You know me and technology.”

Jenny’s fingers where drumming on the steering wheel going through the things they needed. “Okay Hettie is still another few hours in school, which is actually handy that way we leave before she can beg us to come along. Do you think you can update Baby that she not just can do internet searches but could control the bike? So am I texted Tej back that we are in, Glitch?”

44Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 22:19

Calvin

Calvin

"If... your Dad can cope with her for three days... We can barely managed," said Sally, forcing out the joke and a smile. She took another deep breath, trying to calm herself. If it wasn't for her worries about parental responsibility, she would have been thrilled at this race. "I've gotten too mature..." she muttered to herself.

"I... doubt I can make Baby drive. She's an electronic system. Your bike is mechanical. And I'm... not even sure how Hettie MADE Baby in the first place." Her eyes suddenly shot up to Jenny. "You called me Glitch... it..." She blushed. "It brings back memories of the cave when you do that. But yes, tell him we're in," she added with a smile.

45Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 22:33

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“I am sure he will be fine. He managed to handle me and my fire was by far more explosive.” Jenny patted Sally’s knee as she parked the car outside her dad’s garage. “You don’t know how Baby works?” Jenny looked surprised at Sally.

“I called you Glitch last night as well. I told you no real names at the races and I have to get used to it again. Calling you Glitch is as foreign as speaking Chinese.”

Jenny took her phone back and sends a quick text to Tej. “We are in!”

“We need clothes, I think I have proper bike stuff for you to wear, I can’t have you get injured on the way. I got the clothes dad got me for playing super. We need cash. And tell dad to a degree. We could say we… want some alone time? Do you think he is gonna buy it? I am nearly very sure he will not think it is a great idea to go on a cross country illegal race which is also not undangerous.” Jenny looked at Sally making sure her girlfriend was aware that this was not just fun but also dangerous. “And it is going to be cold.” Jenny moaned at that thought.

46Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 22:45

Calvin

Calvin

"That's true, you're such a troublemaker. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to you," grinned Sally. "And... no... Her programming is... it's like nothing I've seen before," she admitted.

"I know, you did," Sally replied to Jenny's comment about the race last night. "But... that was different. We were actually... in a place where I felt like Glitch..." she was quiet for a moment. "Ever feel like you're almost too people.... or is that just one of those duel identities thing?"

"Ahhhh! THAT'S why you're wanting to take the bike, you want to see me in leather," teased Sally. "And I remember last night. I know it's not going to be safe. But... neither is your 'job', is it?" She gave Jenny a tight hug. "It will be cold, but I'll be there to keep you warm."

47Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 22:57

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“Okay now I am possibly slightly scared of our daughter.” Jenny mumbled.

“There will be a few meeting points along the route, we should be safe to call each other what every we want but when others are there… you are Glitch unless you prefer another name and I stick to Smokey.” Jenny looked at Sally. “Yeah I know the feeling. I have three through. One is the one that Dirk and Mark remember and I possibly was meant to be, then there is Smokey you saw her at the race last night and then there is the Jenny I am now.” Jenny opened the door to the garage.

“I wish it would be just that, but honestly I am terrified to ride my bike with you and you get hurt.” Jenny looked at Sally. “Don’t get me wrong, I love you and you are kind of warm but to really keep me warm… my body temp is about 160F, but I will be fine.” Jenny took Sally’s hand. “Let’s tell dad he is on babysitting duty.”

Jenny jumped up the stairs with Sally behind her. “Dad? Where are you?”

48Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 23:07

Calvin

Calvin

"What was that?" Sally asked to the mumble. "And... if I'm honest... I do like it... when you call me Glitch. For a while I didn't. But now it feels a bit... It doesn't remind me of what I was, but how we met," Sally admitted. "I don't know if that makes any sense."

"I won't get hurt, don;t you worry." Sally tried to sound reassuring. "And what you need are some thermals," she added as a joke, then looked thoughtful. "Hmm.. thermals."

49Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 23:19

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“When I call you Glitch I feel like we are planning something rather naughty.” Jenny grinned, she shook her head when Sally said she would not get hurt, she looked at Sally’s broken arm. “Right.”

The thermals confused her, she was quite sure they were not fire prove. Jenny stepped into Mark’s office. “There you are Dad. So, um Sally and I wanted to ask you something.” Jenny wondered for a moment if Sally would not be the better one to ask Mark. “Sally?” She whispered, new tactic not to horribly obvious lie at Mark or blurt out the truth of their plan.

50Trials of a New Life - Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials of a New Life - Part 2 4th January 2019, 23:46

Calvin

Calvin

"Maybe another reason to like it," winked Sally, before she glanced a little self consciously at her arm. "Doesn't count. Your Dad is tougher than any road."

Sally still had a thoughtful look and was a bit distracted until Jenny whispered her name.

"Huh? Oh! Er.... we just wanted... a few days to ourselves. It's been so hectic since we got back."

Mark looked between the two girls, giving a little sigh. "What are you two planning?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum