Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minus Human

+2
MissAusten
SPN NPC
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 2nd January 2019, 02:28

Caitydid

Alex went to the closet and wrestled open the squeaky, screeching closet door to find a plastic zipper bag full of extra bedding. One of the extras was a blanket, one of the ones you only ever seemed to find in motels--clean, but made of some weird foamy type of fabric that he hated even touching.

He wadded it up and tossed it wordlessly to Remington, who was still shivering, and the girl next to him, who seemed just generally as if she could use a pile of blankets. For that matter, Richard and the other girl could probably use a blanket too, he reasoned, so he threw a second blanket their direction.

"Gonna have to make those work, 'cause they're all we've got," he informed them, in lieu of answering Remington's question immediately. He looked between all of them for a long moment, trying to judge if he trusted them with his name, and then figured--what the hell? It wasn't like they could really do much with it, and there was a non-zero chance they could just find it themselves at their earliest opportunity.

Plus, he kind of felt bad for them. His conscience, even as atrophied as it was, probably wasn't going to let him hear the end of it if he gave them some random name just for the hell of being ornery and obnoxious. It wasn't like he was giving them his credit card number...

"Alex. Last name Colt, like the horse." He said, and to save a whole round of introductions, nodded to each of them in turn.

"Romulus Remington, Elenna Fee, Georgina Gilmore, and Richard Something." Introductions taken care of as far as he was concerned, he looked back at Remington.

"You're talkin' about Tex Moseley?" he guessed with reasonable confidence. There couldn't possibly be that many folks in hunter circles named Texas who were running safehouses, right?

52Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 2nd January 2019, 11:36

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“It is not surprising that you know our names.” Elenna said purposely wanting to sound accusing. She turned around trying to muster as much strength she could to look remotely dangerous at Alex, she had to know what side he was on ex-agent on the run or double agent working with her. “I saw you at… that place… you are… one of them. So why are you here? You know we-“ Elenna sighed deeply as if it was painful to remember a time before all of this. “If you stick with us nothing good is coming out of this. Look at Georgie… she used to be on like a sabbatical from friggin Yale and now she is basically bald, broken and oh yeah Uncle Richard I guess you are right there is just one explanation for her symptoms… she has a bun in the oven.”

Elenna looked for a brief second with this sad ghost trapped smiled at Rome and then rather elegantly knocked over the bedside table without touching it -just a tiny move of her finger-, she needed a bit effect for Rome’s crazy brain. He did look at her as if she was a ghost.
“I don’t think we should just yet go to Tex. We just got away from them, I think we should listen to Merry Brandybuck ‘The safest way to escape from Saruman is to slip through right under his nose.’ Let’s wait here a day or two and then slowly take the little routes to get to Tex’s.”

Keres felt the young witch stir inside, hammering her fist against her mental prison screaming her lungs out. “ROME! GEORGIE! THIS IS NOT ME! YOU GOT TO SEE THAT!”

“Oh but on the contrary, it is you, the new and improved you.” Keres laughed at Lenna.

“BITE ME!”

Keres continued to mess with his brain. The others couldn’t see or hear it but Rome was. “Romeo, Romeo you got to safe me. Help me I am trapped. You got to help me move on. I don’t wanna become a thing we hunt.”  She even added some fading in and out as if the new ghost wasn’t yet confident in her materializing.

In the meantime Lenna did the only thing she could do; she went through her own memories looking for a way out of here. Even if that meant she had to kill herself to stop this monster using her body.

And while Lenna went down memory lane -“I know this forest, it was on the picture of us at Rome’s Mom’s family house. The last time the legendary trio got together. But… he saved me? Rome saved me!”- Keres looked at Richard and then Georgie. “We are not listening to him-,“ she pointed very unladylike at Alex, “and just believe he is on our side now do we? They had us freaks only the Gods know what else they had.” Oh this game was so much more fun than Keres ever anticipated. Playing them against each other, she deserves an Oscar for her performance.

OOC: Text explanation in the present post the original page size is Keres, text in size 10 is Lenna but only Rome can hear her though Georgie can possibly detect her feelings again at some point.
Only read one memory at the time, you don't want to spoil your appetite Cool I have big plans with those memories.

Last edited by Ariel Buttercup on 28th January 2019, 16:54; edited 2 times in total

53Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 4th January 2019, 14:10

MissAusten

MissAusten

An uncomfortable silence had settled in the room. Georgie hadn’t said anything in a while. She didn’t feel like talking. However, something Lenna just said made her look up.

“What did you just say?” Her voice was coarse and it hurt to speak, but there was a trace of her old, snappy self that didn’t go unnoticed. “Did you just call me basically bald?”

Lenna shrugged her shoulders. “Well…I mean…”

“You mean what?” Georgie raised an eyebrow. “I’m not bald. I still have hair on my head, okay? It’s just shorter, that’s all.”

“It looks pretty bad.”

Georgie crossed her arms, biting her lip. Ever since she had regained a bit of strength, she started feeling a lot more irritable and ready to blow up. Her emotions were all over the place and she felt like she had no control over an of it.

“Is that the only thing you heard me say?” Lenna asked sarcastically. “Like baldness is your main problem right now…”

“I heard you perfectly fine,” Georgie said matter-of-factly. “But I don’t think it’s necessary to get into that ludicrous accusation that you just made.”

“It’s not an accusation.”

“Bun in the oven? Really?” She shook her head. “Do you actually think that while we were all held hostage, with some nutjobs performing experiments on us, I went off with one of the guys in there and had a bit of fun? Seriously?!”

“I never said that,” Lenna replied.

“So how would you explain that bun then? Some immaculate conception I just happened to become part of? Hey, you think Gabriel popped by to let me know?”

“Richard is pretty sure you’re-“

Georgie whipped her head around to look at Richard, who seemed very uncomfortable.

“I’m not a hundred per cent sure, I just said the symptoms are there…”

She turned back to Lenna. “Ludicrous,” Georgie muttered.

“You know, you don’t have to be conscious to get knocked up.”

Lenna’s words hung heavy in the room. Richard was no longer the only one who looked uncomfortable. Georgie got up calmly, even her face didn’t reveal emotion. “If you’ll excuse me…” she mumbled.

“Where are you going?” Lenna asked.

“To the bathroom. I have to throw up.” She still sounded calm. Too calm.

“Symptoms,” Lenna muttered.

Georgie wanted to make a snarky comment but she didn’t have time for that. She pushed past Alex and stormed to the bathroom.

54Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 4th January 2019, 19:48

Calvin

Calvin

Richard looked around. "If we wait here a day or two I get the feeling we'll be at each other's throats..." he half stated, half muttered. It wasn't clear if he was trying to make a deadpan joke to lighten the mood, or giving a dire warning. "And will people stop calling me 'Uncle Richard'? Makes me feel like an old man."

He sighed, heading towards the window and peering out. "If these people are after you, do they know about this safehouse of yours? Also, do they know that you... apparently know me." Richard turned to look back to the room. "Because if we are staying here for a while we're going to need food or resort to cannibalism." Again, his tone made it unclear if he was deadpan joking or being serious.

http://www.balaldie.com

55Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 28th January 2019, 03:13

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

The only reason Rome wasn't crying was because there were too many things vying for him to cry about. Yes, he was hungry, and tired, and in pain; and yes, his friends were hungry, and tired, and in pain; people kept talking as though Lenna was still alive and her ghost just kicked over a table; Georgie was pregnant (?!); their greatest allies were a former bad guy and someone who hadn't been around for months--and both of them had their own demons...

Ah, what the hell. Rome did start crying. The blanket actually was what did it. He'd forgotten what kindness felt like.

That was what was really hurting him. The psychic energy or auras or what the frack ever coming from all of them was weighing on him. Killing him, maybe, except that he was, unfortunately, unkillable.

"Guys, please," he said, making an effort to speak, and to look each of them in the eye in turn. "Alex. Richard. G-Georgie--"

She had just come back in, wiping her mouth, and Rome opened his arms to welcome her into an embrace. Now that his brain had been jumpstarted, it seemed to be slowly getting up to speed. "We're gonna be okay. We just need, ah. Some food, water, and rest, for tonight. Alex, you're the only one they won't be looking for. Can you get us something to eat? Please? I'll pay you back...whenever I find my wallet..."

Rome chuckled, on the verge of tears again, like finding his wallet would fix all this, would fix the fact that she was gone--

"And we'll decide where we're going in the morning."

56Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 3rd February 2019, 04:05

Caitydid

Alex wasn't sure what to do about the girls arguing, but he did watch them with narrowed eyes and a slight frown. They needed to not fight, really, because they had a lot of time to spend in not a lot of space together, unless Richard had brought his own car. Five people in the cab of his truck wasn't going to be comfortable, and it would be even less comfortable if even two of them were sniping at each other.

And that wasn't even considering that one of them kept throwing up, or that, patient as he was, he tended to become annoyed when people he was helping seemed only to want to snark and snap and argue with him.

He rubbed his eyes and gave a long sigh. They'd had a crappy time of it lately. He needed to give them a break--even the snotty one.

They also needed to eat. Maybe it would improve their collective mood to have some warm food in their stomachs.

He was starting to sound like his mother.

"Alright," he started, and then paused. "Alright. I'm gonna go find something to eat, and y'all just... Watch TV. Sort out your differences, take a nap, whatever. I'll be back as soon as I can," he said. At the door, he paused, then turned.

"Is there somethin' y'all want to eat?" he asked, thinking they hadn't really had a choice in the time SWORD had had them, and that it might make them a little more inclined to trust that he really was trying to help.

57Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 3rd February 2019, 11:57

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“Fries and apples and milkshakes.” Elenna said, she was sitting in perfect view for Rome to see her. She turned on the TV but Rome could not see the remote in her hand it looked as if she just did it with ghostly powers.

As soon those abnormal humans went to bed she would check in with Agent Holyfield, Keres didn’t hope but she was wondering if Holyfield survived the destruction of the headquarters. So much work Keres had to do, and if this silly Empath was not careful she would lose the weapon. Those it would mean she could end this ridiculous assignment, babysitting those… abominations.

Rome you always made me feel safe! You’d promised me to be there, to protect me. Keres was projecting memories into his already fried brain, but also breaking Lenna’s spirit.

58Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 4th February 2019, 16:38

MissAusten

MissAusten

The moment Alex had left the motel to get them some food, Georgie curled up on one of the beds and closed her eyes. The TV was running in the background but she couldn’t care less. She was too tired to make conversation with anyone, and she still felt a bit nauseous. She was very sure that she was feeling that way because the past months had been hell, and now that they were free her body just wasn’t coping anymore. She didn’t believe in any of that stuff Lenna had said earlier. If she caught herself wondering for just a second if Lenna might have said the truth, she would immediately push that thought aside. She had no energy to deal with this crap right now.
Besides, Lenna was wrong anyway. How would Lenna even know…?
Something was off about her ever since they got out. Georgie was well aware that none of them were 100% themselves after what they’ve been through, but there was something different about Lenna, something Georgie couldn’t put a finger on. But she felt it.
Georgie opened her eyes and turned her head a little, just to realise that Lenna was sitting on one of the armchairs, staring at her. A chill ran down Georgie’s spine.

“What is it?” Georgie didn’t want her to notice that she was uncomfortable. It was just bizarre…she had never been uncomfortable in Lenna’s presence. Maybe it was just the fact that everyone was feeling a bit wacky after their months of incarceration… But something was just not right.

“What?” Lenna said casually, still keeping her eyes on her.

“Are you watching me while I’m sleeping?”

Lenna huffed cynically. “You think I’ve got nothing better to do than watch you? No offense, but you’re not even that hot at the moment…”

Georgie decided to ignore that comment, even though she had plenty of things to say to her. “Since when do you eat apples?”

“What?”

“Apples,” Georgie said. “You’ve never eaten fruit unless I made you, and even then you were throwing tantrums like a 3-year old.”

Lenna crossed her arms, a cold smile playing on her lips. “Things change.”

That same moment Georgie felt a sharp pain in her stomach, and it got worse the longer Lenna was watching her. Almost as if Georgie was having a strange reaction to Lenna’s glance…
Georgie’s hand was resting on her stomach. The pain didn’t go away.
Was it really her who reacted to Lenna like that…?

She jumped up and walked straight to the door. She didn’t even care that she was barefoot. Like that mattered right now…

“That’s not a good idea,” she heard Richard say behind her. “You all need to stay inside until it’s safe.”

“I just need fresh air.”

“Richard is right, G,” Rome muttered. He was stretched out on the bed, his arms crossed behind his head. He looked rough, just too tired to talk.

“I’m not going anywhere. I just need…” She paused when she noticed Lenna tilting her head.

“I’m not seriously scaring you off, am I?” she asked. “Are you going crazy now, Georgina?”

Georgie didn’t like her tone. In fact, she didn’t like being in this room right now. She didn’t care what Rome and Richard said, she had to get out and have a few minutes to herself.
Maybe Lenna was right. Maybe she was going crazy…

59Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 8th February 2019, 20:25

Calvin

Calvin

Before Alex left, Richard slipped him a piece of paper from the motel notebook. Just a list of some food to grab. Not because it was what he wanted, more because it would be good food for the various hurt and recovering hunters.

Sighing, he sat down watching the girls argue. There was a tenseness about it. While he couldn't remember being with them before, Richard got the distinct feeling that the mood of the group was usually much different. Here, there was a sense that one word in the wrong place could cause the whole world to implode.

Then Georgie went to leave. Richard tried to warn her against it, but she wouldn't listen. To be honest, Richard couldn't blame her. Getting up, Richard went to follow Georgie. If someone was after them right now, then she could be walking into trouble. But he kept his distance. The last thing she needed right now was to be crowded.

60Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 9th February 2019, 16:23

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“Are you gonna talk to me now?” Keres asked in the best impression of a broken Lenna.

Minus Human - Page 3 008JPR_Rachel_Bilson_017_zpsudxje7nc
She collapsed at the bottom of his bed. “You promised to protect me and… you didn’t… I was waiting for you to come in guns blazing like you did the last time… but you never came… Romeo. Why didn’t you come for me, safe me?”

Keres was making the TV flicker, she was enjoying playing ghost.

Lenna screamed at Keres wrote:“You horrible, horrible creature! He will see though your charade, I trained him better than that.”

She was making the bedside lamp flicker.

“Why will you not talk to me?” The brunette cried. “Please Rome just talk to me, I am here for you.”

Only Rome could hear and Georgie could feel anything in the quotebox

61Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 27th February 2019, 15:06

MissAusten

MissAusten

The parking lot of the motel was almost deserted. Only two cars were occupying it. Everyone seemed to be asleep because all lights were off except the one in their own room. It was quiet out here. Too quiet…Eerie, almost. Georgie felt how her feet were getting cold as she was standing next to an old vending machine that probably hadn’t been in use for years. She should have put shoes on, or at least socks. Ah, whatever!
She rubbed her arms, trying to warm up. She wanted to be home. She wanted to call Uncle Lewis and tell him that they were okay, and she wanted a 3-hour bath to scrub those horrible few months off. She wanted to sleep without Lenna watching her and giving her the creeps, and she just wanted that weird pain in her stomach to stop. It was just all getting too much. She earned for nothing more right now than family and safety. Even though they had escaped SWORD, she didn’t feel safe. They were on the run and had to trust a total stranger in horribly unfashionable cowboy boots with their lives. On top of that the people who were supposed to be ‘family’ didn’t really feel like family, not at the moment… The past months had done something to all of them. They had all changed. She almost felt as if she was surrounded by strangers.
She held her breath when she heard a noise. Someone was out there with her. She had no weapon with her, not even a high heel that she could have used to stab someone in the eye. That would be a bit messy but it’s not like she hadn’t done that before…
As Georgie tried to think of another way to defend herself, she turned her head very slowly to look over her shoulder. It was Richard. He kept his distance, and with his hands shoved into his pockets and his eyes fixed on the cars it almost seemed as if he hadn’t noticed her at all. Georgie knew better, though.

“I don’t need a bodyguard,” she remarked.

“I’m just here to get some air.” He didn’t look at her, he was scanning the area instead.

Georgie crossed her arms, eying him suspiciously. “You know what’s weird?”

He didn’t reply.

“I know we’re all a bit…well, not ourselves after what happened. Rome seemed like he had lost his mind all together when I first saw him, Lenna is… there’s something not right with her. It’s not like it is with Rome, though. Rome was just pretty messed up, but Lenna… there’s just something….” She paused for a moment, almost worried that Lenna was standing close and listening in. “Anyway, and I’m not feeling like myself either. Could be the shock or…” She didn’t finish that sentence because Lenna’s bizarre allegations about the ‘bun in the oven’ crossed her mind, and Georgie was still strongly in denial about that. She cleared her throat.
“It makes sense, you know? That the three of us are not acting like ourselves right now. We were on the inside, the captives. But you…”

Richard still didn’t look at her. It felt deliberate now, like he was trying to avoid it.

“You weren’t there. You weren’t on the inside. I don’t know what you were doing but whatever it was, I can sense something about you that doesn’t feel right…”
She was able to feel other peoples’ emotions after all, and the moment she had met Richard after they had escaped SWORD, she had felt a strange energy surrounding him. If she wouldn’t know it any better, she’d say that there was something dark lingering over him.
She took a few steps toward him. “I know you’re not the chattiest of people. You’ve always seemed like the kind of dark, broody type, at least that’s the impression we got from you since we met you. You look so much like my dad, it’s scary, but you two couldn’t be more different. He was loud, and chatty and pretty confident and a little reckless and somewhat even cocky…a bit like Rome, actually…” Georgie had to stop for a moment when she realised that Rome did, in fact, have many similarities to her dad. Damn. That was weird. “Anyway… let’s just say that you and my dad are almost like day and night, him being day and you being… the night, I guess. That sounds worse than it’s meant to be. I mean, you generally seem more reserved, and…well… like I said, the dark and broody type. That’s not a bad thing at all, don’t get me wrong.” She took a deep breath, still not getting much reaction from him.
“But there’s dark and broody, and then there’s darkness.” She tilted her head slightly. “And I might be wrong, but what I’m sensing here is the latter.”

62Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 28th February 2019, 04:56

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

"I know you're here, babe," Rome said, eyes welling with tears. "And...you always will be, right?"

He rolled onto his side. He wasn't sure the motel door was locked--he didn't care--what did he have to steal? And death would be a mercy.

"Sorry I didn't save you. Sorry I couldn't save us. Just--rest now, okay? Just...let me rest."

At least the idea that Elenna was still, in some way, here with him helped lull Rome to sleep.

63Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 28th February 2019, 08:51

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Keres watched Rome fall asleep, with him sleeping she was alone for the moment. She crouched down next to him. “You have no idea what you did to your little fairy, her fate is worse than death, worse than being stuck in between worlds.”

The look of the broken girl was gone, sure she was still dirty, wore rags and looked injured but the pained face and stance was gone. The energy radiating SWORD agent was back. None apart from maybe Alex had a phone but Keres had a phone and a gun she would never go anywhere without it.

“It was about time that you checked in; do you realize what he did? He destroyed the headquarters! Where are you I send a team out to bring them back.” Holyfield sounded furious on the phone; Keres checked her reflection in the bathroom mirror. She hated the witches look. Those horrible brown eyes; who really wanted to look like a fucking doe. The brown eyes turned bright blue. Better!

“Well you wanted him to reach his potential he got that. Let me deal with them, they have all this issues and not a surprise the Empath struggles to be knocked up. It is fun to watch the old one realizing he cannot remember 6 months, quite a number you did on him. I have them where we want them. Though I have to say seeing the Empath’s hair… did you let a goat chew it off?”

“You are delusional! As if I let you hang out with them.”

“Yes you will. I have them under control and you said it yourself the only place able to hold them is destroyed. I will check in.” Keres snarled, she enjoyed not being stuck in the headquarters herself so keeping the beings out of SWORD for the time being.

A little dream for Rome wrote:Rome I need you so badly, you got to find a way. You got to find me! Help me!

OOC:
Only Rome could hear and Georgie could feel wrote:anything that is in the quotebox

64Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 25th July 2019, 21:37

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

The next morning Rome felt so shitty he couldn't even find it in him to make a crack about "some party" that must have happened the night before. He felt like something had died in his mouth, and it was him.

The worst part about the next morning was that he felt more clear-headed. That was definitely worse. Now he was beginning to remember being captured by SWORD for several months, being tortured by SWORD for several months, his powers going way out of whack and dialing up to eleven, Raws being possessed by a demon, all his friends captured and tortured with him, oh, and Lenna...

Oh, God, Lenna. Don't think about it, Rome, he coached himself. It was somehow worse than Raws' betrayal and death, to have lost Elenna--and to be haunted by her, too. She was watching him, still, sitting in the corner of the room with her arms around her knees. He tried to ignore her.

He sat up, finding food laid out on the bed next to him. He went for the hot Cheetos and doughnuts, stuffing his face and thanking God and probably Richard for the selection, and also--

Right, that Alex guy. Not sure whether they could trust him, but they didn't exactly have a lot of options. The ex-SWORD agent was sleeping on the floor by the door, while Georgie--poor G, she really did look a mess--and Richard were in the other bed.

Rome sat the rest of the way up, and then stood. Lenna still watched him. He was dressed in some hospital scrub kind of clothes, but there was a fresh T-shirt and underwear sitting out for him by the food. With some effort, he staggered to the bathroom, where he hoped to take a shower, or at least get out from under the eye of the Elenna-ghost that he hadn't been able to save. He turned on the water, but instead of getting in he knelt in front of the toilet and puked up everything he had just eaten.

Good start.

65Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 11th September 2019, 03:35

Caitydid

Leaving the lot of them in the motel room and going to the nearest convenience store--a little place attached to a gas station, but beggars couldn't choose-- made Alex's shoulders itch. He wasn't sure if it was because he thought they'd somehow vanish (right, with no car and barely a single working body and mind between them) or set a trap for him (fair enough), or if he worried that SWORD was after all of them already. But he got what was on Richard's list quickly, grabbed a pack of cheap beer and a microwave burrito for his own sanity, and got out of there and back on the road.

His shoulders still itched like something was sneaking up on him, but at least he could pretend his old Bronco could outrun it for the ten miles back to the motel. He re-entered the room cautiously, but no traps sprung out at him. The parking lot behind him was quiet, but only in the ordinary way of dingy motel parking lots at night. Everyone in the roomwas either asleep or pretending, except Elenna. She was just being creepy. He set the food on the table, went back outside to enjoy his burrito and beer without being watched, and briefly contemplated sleeping in his truck.

But that would mean admitting that he found Elenna and her friends a little creepy, and he wasn't about to do that. Plus, he still felt responsible for them, and he couldn't very well protect them from his truck. Instead, with a long sigh, he went back in and sat with his back to the door, fully intending to stay awake and keep watch.

Despite his best efforts, he dozed, and it wasn't until the bathroom door closed that he snapped awake, jumping to his feet with a startled half-shout and taking in the motel room in initial confusion. He never slept so hard that he forgot where he was--it was dangerous, and he so rarely slept without nightmares that he couldn't remember the last time it had happened.

"Jesus," he breathed softly, and rubbed a hand down his face before shifting so he didn't seem about ready to field an attack. He heard the noise of someone being sick in the bathroom, just barely audible over the nose if the shower and probably only because it was an obnoxiously familiar sound, and grimaced. If two of them were going to need to hurl every so often, it was going to make a long trip even longer. He was beginning to regret that it hasn't occurred to him to buy ginger ale or something last night, but that was what happened when you were in a damn hurry.

66Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 5th October 2019, 22:36

Calvin

Calvin

Richard listened calmly to Georgie's... was it a rant? Something she needed to get off her chest? Or was he right about the reason for her queasiness and this was a natural side-effect.

"I wasn't always this grim," he replied after a moment. "But from what your friends said, you should already know what darkness hangs over me. I can only hope, in my case, it is darkest just before the dawn." He stroked his chin, thoughtful for a moment. "I think the darkness around you lot is far darker than around me. I can see a way out of mine. And forces beyond even demons are interested in you. So don;t worry about me. Take care of yourself."

Richard sighed. "Lets head back in, and see what the morning brings. You could all do with a good nights rest."

Though said nights rest was woken as the sound of sickness in the bathroom rose Richard from his slumber. "There's a reason I work alone," he muttered quietly to himself as he got up to see if he could help.

67Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 6th October 2019, 17:31

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

Rome felt like something less than human when he finished puking, but that was actually a step or two up from where he had been. The shower helped even more, rinsing his mouth under the warm spray, and it was then that he looked at the clothes he'd left on the bathroom floor: some cross between hospital scrubs and a prison uniform. Yeah, no thanks.

He might be halfway to dying, but he wasn't wearing that.

So he slung a towel low around his waist, and looked at himself in the mirror: even hollow-eyed and too skinny and in need of a shave and haircut, he still had it. Had something, anyway. You know, Georgie could probably use a morale boost, and, hell, maybe the Cowboy was gay, and maybe Ghost-Lenna would appreciate the sight, and Rome was pretty equal-opportunity when showing off his body. So he practiced a smile in the mirror until it looked like he felt it, and opened the door.

Richard was standing there, looking concerned.

Rome managed to lean against the doorway jauntily, and not just because he could barely support himself. "Anyone know where I can find some clean clothes?"

68Minus Human - Page 3 Empty Re: Minus Human 6th October 2019, 18:46

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

When Rome went into the bathroom Keres got bored. She had lost her audience and knew of a job in town. She slipped out of the door without anyone noticing. Not far from the motel her car was waiting for her. She put on fresh clothes, black leather pants, dark shirt, black boots and black leather jacket. Most biker chick would be jealous. But she did not just get dressed in fresh clothes, she also got her weapons. 

If you are not coming back to headquarters I will send a tac team to bring you in.

Keres laughed hollow reading the text from Hollyfield. "As if that would get me to come in."

Keres snug in the house silently, not even the alarm system was a problem her her. The young man was sleeping in his bed. Keres looked up and quickly with a wave of her hand the partner went back into a deep asleep. "Not long and you will turn, you are a monster and your stupid wifey will go down for the murder on you. She deserves that stupid girl."

The death was quick and messy. She took her sweet time driving back to the motel. She quickly parked her car out of sight, left the weapons and S.W.O.R.D. phone behind and went back into the motel room when Rome said. "Anyone know where I can find some clean clothes?"

The light was flickering1 as Keres closed the door, suddenly realising she forgot to change back into her shitty clothes. With a quick twist of her hand she had the injured body underneath her sexy leather clothes.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum