Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Phantom

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Phantom Empty The Phantom 4th December 2011, 20:43

Calvin

Calvin

The Phantom Martin_freeman

Character's Real Name: Henry Parker Harcourt

Codename: The Phantom

Nationality: British

Age: 46 (As I’m not sure of the exact year of the game this may not fit in with the background, but it or the background can be changed)

Appearance (height, eye color, the usuals): 5’10’’. Well-built for his age. Older, almost non-descript.

Distinguishing Features: Almost always wears a suit complete with bowler hat and cane. Limp on right leg.

Occupation/Rank/Affiliation: High ranking Civil Servant.

Education and Early Life: Studied and graduated from Cambridge. Despite wanting to fight in the Second World War his leg injury, caused by a climbing accident in his youth, prevented him from serving. It also seemed to prevent him from numerous other jobs he wished to do, so eventually drifted into the Civil Service.

Training and Learned Skills (rank them with (1) being 'most skilled'): (1) Safe/lockcracking (2) Pickpocketing (3) Swordsmanship (4) Being stealthy/unnoticed.

Personal Life (and do people know about it?): After joining the Civil Service Harcourt soon grew tired of the aristocrats lording it over the country. It disturbed him that so many had died in the War to be trodden underfoot, and so turned his hand towards burglary. Perhaps inspired a little by Robin Hood, he would sell his wears and then pass most of his profits to the lower classes. But he became bored with his unual targets, and attempted bigger and bigger crimes until he was caught attempting to rob the Bank of England. He was offered a choice, be arrested and cause one of the biggest scandals to ever rock the Civil Service, or turn his skills towards serving the country.

Languages: English, and for foreigners, English loudly and slowly.

Favored Weapon and Least Favored Weapon: Favored Weapon: Sword-cane with hidden compartment in the handle. Least favored, any form of firearm.

Favored Car and/or Gadget: Gadget: See above sword-cane, or the lock picks and other thieving tools contained inside.

Interests: Cricket, fencing, horse-racing (watching only, he can’t ride), and anything hi-tech.

Personality: Is excessively polite and never lets anything phase him. He has a distrust of foreigners at best, and pure contempt at worst (which is most of the time). He’s also extremely patriotic, and will never, ever hit a woman, or even raise his voice to one.

Inherent Strengths: Can get in and out of anywhere, normally with anyone noticing, unless something was taken. Has contacts with the criminal fraternity and in the upper classes so is rarely in a situation without contacts.

Inherent Weaknesses: Due to his limp he can’t run effectively. Despite likely new technology he has no idea how it works, and almost less of an idea how to operate it (except to sabotage it). His chivalry towards women could be a strength or a weakness, depending on how you view it.

http://www.balaldie.com

2The Phantom Empty Re: The Phantom 5th December 2011, 01:10

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

Languages: English, and for foreigners, English loudly and slowly.

LEGENDARY! Laughing

3The Phantom Empty Re: The Phantom 5th December 2011, 15:52

beeayy

beeayy

Hooray! I imagine Oh-Negative and the Phantom would hang out a lot together, since they both went to Cambridge. I can forsee a scene where they are trying to communicate with an Italian that ends up in a shouting match Razz

He also strikes me as being kind of a shy guy without a lot of social skills beyond being polite--like, he's not manipulative. If this is correct, he might be a bit of an idealist as well (since he's so patriotic). What do you think?

4The Phantom Empty Re: The Phantom 5th December 2011, 19:26

Calvin

Calvin

beeayy wrote:He also strikes me as being kind of a shy guy without a lot of social skills beyond being polite--like, he's not manipulative. If this is correct, he might be a bit of an idealist as well (since he's so patriotic). What do you think?

Pretty correct on both of those points. I also imagine he'll be one of the first blokes Eye-candy is unable to affect. Not because he's immune to her charms, but because he's to 'British' to show it! Razz

Also, for that robbing the Bank of England job, i was thinking that when he opens the vault insted of money inside it's been converted into an officer for our boss, complete with desk, rows of bookcases, butler and tea!

http://www.balaldie.com

5The Phantom Empty Re: The Phantom 5th December 2011, 21:30

beeayy

beeayy

haha! Brilliant!

Say, maybe as an exercise we should begin the episode with origin stories from each of the characters...?

6The Phantom Empty Re: The Phantom 3rd January 2012, 16:03

beeayy

beeayy

I know its a little late, but I wanted to give you my seal of approval for your character!

The Phantom Roflse10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum