Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Issue 1: March of Mephisto

+3
Lady Kiara
Lycurgus_Annulus
Maeglin
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 21:44

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny knew she couldn’t play with her flames right this moment but she also couldn’t hide the excitement of a fight. She gave the saying ‘fire in your eyes’ an honest meaning. “Good a day is a waste if I can’t kick some butt. And the quicker we get this done the quicker I can hold you to your promise and get my bike!”

202Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 21:52

Calvin

Calvin

Mark's face was a mixture of amusement and worry. "Maybe we should try and curb those aggressive tendency of yours. And just make sure you don't get hurt if there's a fight. I know you can heal, but I'll delay that bike for every little nick and scratch you get!" Mark joked, though there was an edge of seriousness to it.

http://www.balaldie.com

203Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 21:59

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

“What?!” Jenny stared at him in shock. “How am I supposed to fight if I can’t get hurt? I don’t think they have a pillow fight with me. Of course I get hurt. I break a few bones, get several cuts and when it is a really good fight I even get a concussion. But I heal from all of it and there is nothing wrong with my agressive tendency that's what gave me something to do.”

204Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 22:09

Calvin

Calvin

"As soon as this is over, we're going to have some combat training," said Mark. "You might heal, but it still hurts, right? You'll fight better if it doesn't hurt. And besides, I don't want to see you hurt, healing or no healing." Mark took a deep breath. "And we'll find better things to do than fight."

205Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 22:33

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny looked nearly horrified at Mark. "Seriously? Training? That sounds awful. I can fight but I don't fight careful. My best weapon after my flame is that I heal. Stop nagging I've been fine theses past years haven't I? I know a better thing to do race my new pretty bike. You actually saw me once, a couple of years back."

206Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 22:49

Calvin

Calvin

"You haven't been fighting supervillains these past few years," retorted Mark crossing his arms.  "I hoped you be better than this.  Confidence is one this, but this arrogance will kill you.  For all you know someone in there could have water control, or ice.  Are you just going to run at them and let them beat on you?"

He paused a moment.  "Wait, when did I see you?" he asked.

207Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 22:59

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

"Yeah fine I haven't, but I think of something when I run into them." Jenny was about to cross her arms like Mark but she stopped halfway in the motion.

"Yes ago. Annie wasn't born, and Alex was little. It was the motorcycle stunt show. The on you took Dirk every year telling me girls don't do things like that..."

208Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 23:11

Calvin

Calvin

"Are you sure? That's not the attitude you had before," said Mark, smiling a little as Jenny almost crossed her arms. "And I would have never said anything like that. Girls can do whatever boys could." He paused a moment. "I MIGHT have said you were too young at the time..."

209Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 23:20

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

"Yah well this is what I would do know, the street didn't teach me anything else." In the end Jenny did cross her arms.

"You said it in my past okay, my past in which you punched the shit out of me if a just a dared to look at your golden boy Dirk." Jenny stock her head. "I know it's not real but I don't know anything else. Anyway I saw you and you saw me too. I was on the bike."

210Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 23:23

Calvin

Calvin

"And you're acknowledging that's a problem, which we need to fix," said Mark. "I... I know it's all you know, I just hope in time you remember what is real. I don't want all those happy moments gone. And... you crashed, didn't you?"

211Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 23:31

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny grinned cocky. "Yeah I wanted to do a triple summer sault when I saw you. I lost the bike and crashed broke several bones. It took me a week to heal."

212Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 23:35

Calvin

Calvin

"And THERE'S a reason to be careful. We don;t have a week for you to heal. We might have a few hours. So if you let yourself get wrecked against some simple henchmen, that's you out of the fight and unable to help," pointed out Mark.

His phone beeped. "Alright, ready to go."

213Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 28th September 2016, 23:43

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny wanted to argue, tell Mark he could not tell her what to do, how to fight but something in her made her say nothing. She looked away from Mark and would ignore him for a while, at least his dad side.

214Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 29th September 2016, 20:02

Calvin

Calvin

"Now let's just head through security, nice and easy. Just try and look calm," said Mark, heading to the security station.

215Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 1st October 2016, 13:17

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny was anything but calm, she was walking between Mark and Dirk in a way she felt trapped and safe at the same time. This was bizarre, two days ago yeah she helped the odd person but not in this scale. She helped a grandma that got robbed on the street, some fires in town but nothing big enough to get her noticed.
No one took real notice of them, they looked like passengers of a late or early depending which way you saw it around.

"I never flew anywhere, I wonder what it feels like to sit in a plane." Jenny mumbled. Her hands fidgeting with the gadgets Mark had given her. How could she not be nervous, he had pointed out that neither of them had an idea what they had to expect once they were through security.

216Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 8th October 2016, 00:39

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

Dirk hated that just by placing his police badge in the container he got essentially a free pass through security--but it worked. He was out and through almost before he could blink, and he bent to re-tie his shoes while he waited for Mark and Jenny to join him.

217Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 8th October 2016, 10:17

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny had a hard time, trying to stay calm not to attract attention, trying not to burst into flames and trying to act as if she knew what she was doing.
A few people working at the security asked her questions ans smiled tried to answer until one said something about first time flyer and that's when she realised how she could explain her nervousness. She mumbled a yes and still held her breath when her ID got scanned, she expected all hell break lose but.... nothing. Somebody wished her a nice flight and she was through standing next to Dirk.

"That was too easy." She looked at Dirk, she enjoyed this adventure they were on, she enjoyed the danger they were in but on the other hand she would like to ask Dirk so many questions. He had mentioned his mother-in-law it was tempting to let the woman poke around her head to find the real memories if they were really there. "I saw you once with your wife and your boys at a motorcycle stunt show, you actually saw me too... I get why you want her back, she seemed more the type of girl you want as a friend not... a lose bush fire like me."

218Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 8th October 2016, 20:04

Calvin

Calvin

"Of course it was too easy," said Mark. "That means it's gonna be a lot worse at the end. Now... we need to get out of the passenger area and into that private hanger, which is no doubt brimming with far better security than that checkpoint. Piece of cake, right?" he grinned, though there wasn't really any humour behind it.

219Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 29th December 2016, 23:26

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

"Jenny, don't say that. If I'd known you were there, I would have--" but Dirk sighed, shook his head, and pulled her into a hug. "I want her back, and I want a wild bush fire like you in my life," he promised, and then turned to Mark.

"My badge might get us in partway," Dirk offered. "But, yeah. We might have to fight our way through this one. Do we think the security here will be working for the bad guys?"

220Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 1st January 2017, 22:30

MissAusten

MissAusten

One single snow storm can drop 39 million tons of snow. The thought of millions of tons of snow unleashed, and being buried under this cold, disastrous force was not appealing to anyone.
Snow storms were feared. Nobody challenged a snow storm. People ran from it or tried to hide from it. Unlike fire, which people tried to fight with water, nobody wanted to fight a snow storm. Everyone right in their mind knew they wouldn’t stand a chance of winning.

Ever since she finally tracked down the person who had killed her family, a snow storm was raging inside Aurora, taking complete control. She had been looking for this person for so long, trying to trace her but it had been almost impossible to find her – until now.

Unleashing 39 million tons of snow sounded pretty damn appealing to her right now.

221Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 12th March 2017, 21:08

Calvin

Calvin

"The security right here won't be, they're just the usual regular joes. Doesn't mean they won't try and stop us if we start breaking stuff. Once we get to the hanger though, those guys are likely gonna be in Futura's pocket." Mark's expression darkened. "And Futura has plenty of hi-tech toys at their disposal, so be careful."

222Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 12th March 2017, 21:37

PA NPC

PA NPC

"Boredom, that's all it is."

The younger man looked at Victor Savage with puzzlement. "But Sir, Red system is program. How can it... be bored?" A small smile flickered of Savage's face.

"Let's put it down to... ghosts in the machine. But perhaps we need to find it some stimulation," he activated the screen on his desk, watching the CCTV images coming through from the airport security. "And maybe give a slight helping hand..." A look of shock crossed the younger mans face.

"You know our policy is not to interfere. If our secrecy is broken..."

"It won't be," interrupted Savage. "This IS what Red System is designed to do, and let's not forget one important fact." He leaned forward to stare at the younger man. "We have no idea how the Inhibitor chips work, nor what is causing them to malfunction now. After ten years of research. Our standard methods have failed. We now need unorthodox solutions. So if this group of vigilantes are hunting the truth behind the inhibitors, it is in our interests to help them."

"It is still dangerous Director. I...," he took a deep breath. "But control will not hear about it from me."

"Thank you," nodded Savage, for a moment his face breaking though the more impassive mask to a genuine smile. "If things do get out of hand, of course this conversation did not take place and you had no idea what I was doing."

"Er.. y-yes Sir," replied the young man. "I presume you will contact Red System now?"

"Yes, I will talk to her."

"Her?"

"'It'..."

223Issue 1: March of Mephisto - Page 9 Empty Re: Issue 1: March of Mephisto 12th March 2017, 22:09

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jenny grinned. "Getting into some trouble wouldn't be too bad." In the excitement of the possible fight with Futura security guard Jenny was radiating heat off her body. "I am pretty much all healed from our last encounter, I should be good to go to work on my ability to fly; you know that would give you guys cover from above, wouldn't that be amazing?"

As much as Jenny wanted to help, her hot head was more set on fighting with the bad guys (no matter how bad those actually were or not) than retrieving the information of Dirk's wife and to be honest she never trusted herself with things that are not fireproof.

"I'm just glad we are not flying above the Hudson, I don't plan on repeating that situation any time soon."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum